Welcome Pastor Keith Warden and family!
Keith Warden will join Northbrook in June as our senior pastor. We are so excited to welcome the Warden family to Cullman, and we trust in God's plan for our church under Keith's leadership.
Keith and his wife, Kristi, met when they were students at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. She was an organ major from Statesboro, Georgia, and he was a voice major from Huntsville, Alabama. After marrying, the Wardens moved to Fort Worth, Texas, to start seminary at Southwestern. During those years, Kristi completed a Master in Music History degree from the University of North Texas. Kristi has had an influential ministry as a teacher in young couples’ Bible Fellowship classes. She has been active in Bible Study Fellowship, International for many years, and is an incredibly gifted Bible teacher. She has also taught music and worked with the children's and student choirs at their previous church.
Keith and Kristi have three children. Bryce, a graduate student at Vanderbilt University; Brady, a junior at Mississippi State University; and Brooke, a freshman at Samford University.
God has blessed this family beyond measure and granted them the overwhelming honor of bringing Him glory by serving in the local church. Ministry for the Wardens is truly a calling that God has placed on the entire family, and they love serving Him together. Their passion is to simply be faithful to the Great Commission and the Great Commandment in every place that God leads them.
Keith was born April 6, 1965. He was called to the gospel ministry at the age of 16 and has served in the local church at different levels for most of his life. His calling and passion for pastoral ministry is grounded in these core convictions:
- Passionately preaching God’s Word, verse by verse and without apology
- Celebrating and lifting high the name of Jesus in worship
- Firmly believing in the power of prayer and constantly calling the church to practice it fervently
- Sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with boldness and urgency
- Doctor of Ministry, Beeson Divinity School, Birmingham, AL (1999)
- Master of Divinity with Biblical Language, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX (1991)
- Bachelor of Church Music, Samford University, Birmingham, AL (1987)
- Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church, Picayune, MS (2004–2018)
- Senior Pastor, Ridgecrest Baptist Church, Montgomery, AL (1999-2004)
- Minister of Students/Associate Pastor, First Baptist Church Center Point, Birmingham, AL (1994-1999)
- Minister of Students/Activities, Highland Baptist Church, Florence, AL (1991-1993)
- Led the Pearl River Association in Lottie Moon (International Missions Offering), Annie Armstrong (North American Missions Offering), Margaret Lackey (MS State Mission Offering) and Cooperative Program giving for the last twelve years
- Led the Pearl River Association in baptisms (56) for 2016
- Increased in average Bible study and worship attendance for the last three years (2014-2016)
- Constructed $7.2 million children’s and recreation facility (2010)
- Preacher for the Mississippi Baptist Convention Pastor’s Conference (2017)
- Associational Program Committee, Montgomery Baptist Association
- Church Planting Team, Pearl River Baptist Association
- Resolutions Committee, Alabama Baptist Convention
- Nominating Committee, Mississippi Baptist Convention
- Resolutions Committee, Mississippi Baptist Convention
- Tellers Committee, Mississippi Baptist Convention
- Vice-President, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary MS Alumni Association
- President, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary MS Alumni Association
- North American Mission Board Trustee, Southern Baptist Convention
- North American Mission Board Chairman, South Regional Committee